Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Please remember that this next week is just a 2 day week! Also, just wanted to let you know that I emailed each of you your child's Voki creation from the lab last week. If you do not receive it, please let me know and I will resend it.

This week we read the story, Turkey Trouble to go along with our family turkey project. The story is about a turkey who does not want to get eaten for Thanksgiving and so decides to disguise himself like the various animals on the farm. We had a lot of laughs as we read this one as the author and illustrator were quite clever with their ideas. That being said, I think we should email them a few of our clever creations.

Thank you for helping your child to complete this family project!! We enjoyed each and every one of them. In all the years that I have done this project, I continue to be amazed by the cleverness that comes out of this project and that each and every year, there are turkeys that I've never seen.


I hope that you enjoy seeing all of our turkeys as well. Leave us a comment and let us know which turkeys were your favorites.


Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a digital slideshow

2 comments:

  1. I think all of the turkies are disguised well!ANGELA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the turkeys! Everyone was SO creative! Great job first graders!
    -Allie's mom

    ReplyDelete